Saturday, August 10, 2013

Baby Hoosier :: 11 Weeks

This week, Baby is the size of a: lime
Total weight gain/loss: we don't have a scale (except on the wii), but based on clothing fit, I would say I gained some weight this week
Sleep: Still falling asleep super early in the evenings. But, I have been able to give up midday naps - which is good since school starts in two weeks. 

Best moment this week: Oh man - this was a great week! 

Last Tuesday I had an ultrasound (the last one for a while) and baby was showing off! The heart was visibly beating, both lobes of the brain were visible, and the umbilical cord was visible. Several times the baby decided to really show off for Mama and flex its arms and legs - which was SO COOL to see. Everything looks super healthy. 

Mom came up over the weekend and we worked on the baby's room. She made a dust ruffle and some sheets for the crib. We worked together to make a boppy cover, a changing pad cover, and to cover a lamp. The room is starting to look so cute and it was fun to spend some time crafting with my mom. 
Baby also received its first gift this week from one of the sweet ladies that I work with. A brightly colored sock monkey, some sock monkey booties, and some ABC shoes - good things to cover those little toes in cold, cold February! 
Movement: I got to watch a lot of movement, but unfortunately it will still be a while before I can feel it. 
Food cravings: not many cravings, a lot of aversions still. However, I am starting to be able to, and actually NEED, to eat on a fairly regular basis. I have been thoroughly enjoying hard boiled farm-fresh eggs and chex cereal for breakfast. I sometimes continue to crave green olives.  
Symptoms: nausea, fatigue, and the start of a little baby bump (especially if I need to go to the bathroom - like first thing in the morning!)
Belly Button in or out: in
Milestones: The baby is in the fetal stage now, and has been for a week. All major organs are in place and now just need to continue growing and developing. Baby has fingernails and peach fuzz is beginning to grow all over its body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment