Thursday, October 22, 2015

Baby Hoosier #3 :: Week 13

This week, Baby is the size of a: peach
Sleep: I'm super tired early in the evening. But then when I go to bed I struggle to fall asleep. I think I might start taking my kindle to bed and read until I'm SUPER sleepy. 
Best moment this week: We had an appointment last week. It still was too early to hear the baby's heartbeat on Doppler - since Meghan was notoriously difficult to find (the doctor says we have little pistols!) and since because of our miscarriage not being able to find a heartbeat would inevitably lead to lots of worry, he didn't even try. But, he did a blood draw and my progesterone levels took a huge jump indicating that the baby's placenta has taken over making progesterone; we will do a blood draw in four weeks and I will most likely be able to come off of my progesterone supplements at that time - wahoo!!

Also - we are into the second trimester! Wahoo! 
For all three of my babies I have given up caffeine for the first trimester - there is a 12 pack of Dr Pepper with real sugar waiting for me to enjoy throughout the rest of the pregnancy.....this is my favorite drink and they had it in 12 packs this summer instead of just bottles! So Cole got me a 12 pack to set aside. That may be my best thing next week ;)
Movement: none yet...I cannot wait! 
Food cravings: no cravings; I'm starting to be able to eat  most meals and foods - especially at dinnertime; I'm digging fresh fruits and veggies! 
Symptoms: morning sickness is off and on (sometimes it's awful and sometimes it's not bad at all); today my sacroiliac joint locked up for the first time this pregnancy - looks like it's time to go see the chiropractor - this happened throughout Meghan's pregnancy, so I'm hoping that a little bit of help from my chiropractor will keep it in check this time; my skin is clearing up as the first trimester hormones are going away; I am keeping water down! Up until the last week or two, if it wasn't slightly carbonated, I couldn't keep liquid down. I'm enjoying having water back!
Milestones: The baby is opening and closing its fists, starting to use its mouth to suck, and its intestines (which have grown into the umbilical cord) are moving into position in its abdomen - I find myself praying over those little intestines pretty regularly. Hopefully this little one will not inherit celiac disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment