Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Baby Hoosier :: 20 Weeks

This week, Baby is the size of a: banana
Total weight gain/loss: 
Sleep: some nights I sleep great, some nights I wake up at random, and this past week there seem to have been several scary nightmares

Best moment this week: 
20 Week Ultrasound was today: Meghan is healthy! Everything looks really good and she wiggles and moves all over the place! That was the coolest thing in the world....especially to see how she crosses her ankles - just like her Mommy!

We have started converting our closet into a family closet; some of the little baby things we have recently picked up were hanging on the bar. Cole, rather absent-mindedly made the same statement I have been making to myself when I walk into the closet "Wow, those are tiny clothes!" Soon and very soon, we will have a little one wearing those tiny clothes! 


While rubbing belly butter/oil on my belly, we were talking about how round my belly is - it just looks like a soccer ball on my stomach! My belly sticks out so much and we are wondering just how far out in front of my body this belly is going to be come February!

Movement: Baby has been quite wiggly - nothing painful or even noticeable when I'm busy, but when I am calm and relaxed it gets to wiggling. I tried putting Cole's hand on my belly to see if he could feel it, but not yet. 
Food cravings: these are getting less intense - but plain yogurt has been amazing this week!
Symptoms: still nauseous, lots of headaches, I can feel the muscles in my belly stretching to accomodate the baby, my hair is so much less oily than before - I only have to wash it every other day, which I love!
Belly Button in or out: still in, but a much less pronounced "in"
Milestones: Meghan's sensory system is developing - the brain is specializing in sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. She is also developing the coating that will protect her skin while floating in amniotic fluid for another 4.5 months!






No comments:

Post a Comment