Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Baby Hoosier :: 19 Weeks

This week, Baby is the size of a: mango
Total weight gain/loss: I have gained a total of 5 pounds - yay for finally keeping enough food down to gain weight!
Sleep: I can stay up late a few nights a week, if kept busy. As soon as I sit down to relax, I get very tired. I am getting much more used to sleeping on my side - yay! 

Best moment this week: While I was at the doctor's office on Friday, he would find the baby's heartbeat and the baby would immediately move. This process repeated itself several times before the baby finally consented to having its heartbeat listened to...is a little red-headed pistol on it's way?!?
Movement: I think I felt the baby moving around a bit a few nights ago - and we were listening to Gungor. I think this baby has good taste in music!
Food cravings: this isn't really changing...mint ice cream, vinegar chips
Symptoms: still nausea, belly growing pains - those muscles are stretching! super dry skin (except the acne on my face - grr!) - but I have a wonderful homemade butter that is great!
Belly Button in or out: still in
Milestones: Baby is starting to myelinate its nerves; this, as we know from child development classes, is a VERY big deal! Baby will be doing lots of myelinating for the next year and a half or so - go myelin go! Build that baby brain and nervous system!

No comments:

Post a Comment