Monday, September 16, 2013

Baby Hoosier :: 18 Weeks

This week, Baby is the size of a: sweet potato
Total weight gain/loss: We shall find out on Friday. 
Sleep: I am actually able to stay awake past 8 at night - most nights! Sleep is getting better as I am learning more and more to lay on my side. 

Best moment this week: While awake Thursday morning, nervous about my upcoming talk with my principals about my maternity leave and plans to stay home with the baby, I felt the baby move. What a wonderful assurance that we have made the best choice for this baby!
Movement: I felt the baby in a way I would describe as a swimming movement on Thursday morning. Sunday night, while not paying attention for it (as I had the last two times), I am fairly certain I felt a little kick or hit. I'm excited to feel the baby more regularly. 
Food cravings: mint ice cream, kettle chips, homemade chicken salad
Symptoms: still morning sickness, food cravings, feeling the baby move, if I pull my legs into my chest - apparently a favorite position to lay in - I can't breathe :) 
Belly Button in or out: Very in.
Milestones: The baby can now hear! That makes it seem like it is beginning to engage with the world that will soon be it's home. Baby Hoosier is continuing to grow: 




No comments:

Post a Comment