Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Baby Hoosier :: 23 Weeks

Well, I missed my post last week - to be fair, I had a crying-vomiting-migraine. It was a migraine pain I have not experienced in many years. But, here's what week 23 has been like...
This week, Baby is the size of a: grapefruit
Total weight gain/loss: +11 pounds total
Sleep: I have had much more energy the past few weeks which has been so nice. And sleep has been welcome at the end of productive days. I have started getting charlie horses during the night and am working on ways to make those go away. 

Best moment this week: Listening to Meghan's heartbeat at the doctor is just so cool! She is breech and has placenta previa - but that has all been left in God's hands to work out however he wills. On the upside - we will get to have another ultrasound in a few weeks to watch her play, or really, to see if those things have been fixed. 
Movement: Miss Meghan likes to move a lot when I am still, so I usually get to feel her dancing around before I fall asleep - I really like that special time together every night. If she's too busy for me to get to sleep, I can guarantee she will calm down by having Cole put his hand on my belly to feel her moving - she usually just stops! 
(This was true until Friday. Now she moves all the time! She is super busy most of the day!)
Food cravings: plain yogurt, steak, chipotle (which my paras brought me for dinner on bosses day!), peanut butter, hummus - protein just seems to be a theme!
Symptoms: Morning sickness is off and on - in the mornings I lay in bed and wait to see if I'm going to need any medicine to get through the morning - I'm needing it less often! I have a red rash on my face and charlie horses at night - two things which people don't know why they happen, so it just gets blamed on raging hormones. I am trying a new lotion and additional calcium/magnesium supplement in my diet. 
Belly Button in or out: still in, but not much
Milestones: Meghan weighs almost a pound. Her teethbuds are appearing under her gums. And she is gaining strength like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment