Thursday, November 12, 2015

Baby Hoosier #3 :: Week 16

This week, Baby is the size of a: avocado 
Sleep: Sleep has been really hit or miss this week. Getting comfortable has been difficult. 
Best moment this week: We got to listen to baby at my appointment yesterday! Baby's heart rate was between 150-170 depending on what it was up to. The heartbeat was very strong. Baby did lots of flipping and moving all over while the doctor tried to corner it long enough to get a good long read. We kept hearing "whoosh-whoosh", a short clip of a heartbeat, and more "whoosh-whoosh" as baby moved away from the doppler over and over until finally consenting to let us have a good long listen. Meghan was super active and hard to track down but this baby proved to be even more difficult....I might need to start trying to figure out a way to make "shin guards" for my ribs if this little one is going to be kicking even more than Meghan did. Though, I'd gladly take TONS of movement and kicking for the reminder that baby is healthy and growing!
Movement: Often when I am really still in the evening I feel a little "goldfish" swimming around. Based on it's movement yesterday, the doctor was not at all surprised that I am feeling baby move already! I love those little flutters!
Food cravings: None really...food has been much easier this pregnancy than last. As long as I eat on a regular basis, it doesn't matter most of the time what it is that I eat.
Symptoms: morning sickness when not taking meds (though, we took me off supplemental progesterone yesterday which should help, and I'm only needing 2 doses instead of 3 to keep food down all day....so improvement!), there is no doubt that I am pregnant when you look at me, my sacroiliac joint is in a lot of pain now - yesterday the doctor did some adjusting and it seemed to help some, I hate subaru commercials - the pregnancy emotions have kicked in and those ones get me every single time 
Milestones: Baby is moving fluid through the lungs and respiratory track and is able to see light through fused eyelids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment