Thursday, December 12, 2013

Baby Hoosier :: Week 30

This week, Baby is the size of a: cucumber
Total weight gain/loss: we will find out on Friday....a little nervous for this after last month!
Sleep: Sleep was off and on this week. Sometimes I was super tired and slept well all night. Sometimes I was super tired and my back ached, keeping me up, a lot of the night. 

Best moment this week: We had a sonogram last Thursday and Meghan is doing great! She no longer has placenta previa and she is no longer breach! Meghan weighs in at around 3.5 pounds. She is skinny based on measurements of her head and belly circumference.  She is also tall based on the measurements of her leg bones. The ultrasound tech pointed out where different parts of her body are in my belly - she was exactly where I expected her to be based on her movement. She is folded in half and her feet are up next to her face - she had her toes-ies on her forehead while we watched her. Thus, when she is kicking me, she must also be kicking herself in the face. We got a few shots of her little face (when her feet and arms moved out of the way) and saw her cute chubby cheeks. She looks very much more like a baby rather than an alien in the pictures - I can't wait to pinch those chubby little cheeks! The first thing I noticed about her when her profile showed up on the screen was her little mouth sucking away - looks like a thumb or a pacifier will see lots of use soon! 
Movement: She is still such a little wiggle worm - I love it! She moves all the time on the right side of my body - which makes sense since her head, feet, and arms are all in the same place. One night, Cole was laying in bed with his arm around me (or, us, I guess); she started kicking so hard that he had to move his arm or she was going to keep him awake! She likes to rock a lot - I think that is my favorite movement to feel. She also likes to kick me in the ribs; we have little "talks" about that. 
Food cravings: snickers bars, peaches, oranges, bananas
Symptoms: much less nausea, much less heartburn (with some diet changes), and much more energy (with diet changes to increase my iron intake!), we finished some of my major nesting projects over Thanksgiving break and I am continuing moving on down the list or projects!
Belly Button in or out: still in, I don't know that it will come out, it's been pulled into a super thin horizontal line!
Milestones: Her big goals from here on out are to put on weight and to continue getting those little lungs and sensory systems ready for the outside world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment