Thursday, August 27, 2015

Baby Hoosier 3 :: 5 Weeks

This week, Baby is the size of a: sesame seed
Sleep: I am tired during the day and am sure that I rest for at least 1.5 hours during Meghan's nap. At night time, I am usually ready for bed by 9:00. I wake up earlier in the morning now than typical - I did this during Meghan's pregnancy too!
Best moment this week: Getting confirmation that all of my blood work looked good - HcG levels are elevating quite nicely and while progesterone is at the low end of normal, we are supplementing it and will keep an eye on it. 
Movement: nope
Food cravings: greasy pizza (I can't make this!), pickles, cottage cheese, protein - this baby likes protein!!
Symptoms: Some nausea - usually made better by making sure i eat something small, usually with protein every hour during the day. Lots of exhaustion (especially since I am now supplementing with progesterone). A good bit of bloating - my body in all three pregnancies sees HcG as the signal to hold onto all of the water I drink ;)
Milestones: Baby's spinal tube is starting to develop and will soon become a brain and spinal cord. Baby's heart is developing, too - we are praying especially for baby's heart as a heart defect is what is believed to have caused our miscarriage last time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment