Monday, May 25, 2015

Our Week :: May 18-24

This week was a difficult week - as I'm sure can be imagined - as our family dealt with the physical and emotional recovery from a miscarriage. Our sweet baby was loved and is missed; but as the days go by, God is re-instilling hope in our hearts. We tried to focus our minds on the "now" and watching our sweet girl grow rather than thinking to the past and our great loss. We know the next many weeks will be hard, but we are trusting God for the remarkable future he has for our family.

There are less pictures this week than typical. But it was a fun week with Daddy home (since his employer pays for a week of bereavement time after a miscarriage - we took advantage of the opportunity to be together!). 

Miss Meghan has been LOVING oatmeal again! Sometimes she likes to use her "dippers" to practice moving spoon-fed foods to her mouth. 


She also has been loving snap peas straight out of the garden - she was too busy munching to look up for the camera.


Mimsie gave her a purse last week when we went to Manhattan and one of her newest and most often played games is what I call for short "wear my purse and all of my bracelets, carry my phone and talk on it while walking all over the first floor." See.....


Yea, she's all girl sometimes!! (This morning she had forgotten the bracelets, but usually they are there in all of their glory!)


She loves the app "peek-a-boo barn" and has loved trying to make the sounds that the animal makes. Here she is trying them out with Daddy: 


The day we lost the baby, these peonies from my Grandma's house started to bloom. Their beauty has become a beacon of hope for me. They are just so beautiful! The close up is the flower that opened on Sunday May 17th. I was sad this week as I thought to the fact that I had nothing tangible from this baby - no pictures of my growing belly, no ultrasound pictures, nothing....and a thought occurred to me that the baby can and should be recognized on my wife/Mama charm necklace. I currently have a charm with our anniversary date on it and one with Meghan's name on it. This week I found a charm that is a blooming peony flower - the perfect charm to remember this baby with. I am excited to add it to my necklace. And to have a place in our lives where the memory of that sweet  baby is tangible.



I caught some video of Meghan with her purse and phone going "bye-bye" - which is what she frequently says while wearing her "bling".


She got a seventh tooth this week and is working on her eighth! In true-to-Mom fashion, her seventh tooth came in at least 45 degrees off center.....hoping this isn't a glimpse into what her adult teeth plan to be like!

With all the teething pain, there has often been some thing hanging out of her mouth while she bites on it for counter pressure. Yesterday it was a purple link as she walked around the first floor. And, yes! She is walking for long distances now. She still often will walk on her knees or crawl, but she can walk all over the first floor on her feet and is starting to discover that it is much faster than the other two forms of locomotion!


Turquoise is such a good color on her!


And lest anyone think that she keeps all of those beautiful bracelets to herself, her "woof" often gets to wear them as well!


Coloring has become a new favorite activity. Despite what this picture shows, she rarely colors with her left hand - it's usually the right one. She enjoys this activity immensely. She will make a few broad strokes and then make lots of little dots! 


And the last picture.....last Sunday we bought a cross-stitch kit for me to work on during the grieving and healing process. It's a birth sampler in hope of another child that we are believing God will give us. It's a HUGE project with SO MUCH shading. To keep me motivated and reminded that I am making progress, I plan to share a picture here each week of what I have accomplished. I realize that in the future I won't have as much time as I've had in the last week to work - life will get busy again and that will be a good thing - but here is the progress that I made this week. I am excited to watch this project grow as, hopefully, another baby begins growing and we are blessed with another little one to love and care for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment