Monday, May 18, 2015

Our Week :: May 11-18

Meghan is way into imaginative play! She continues to love to cook and bake....this day I found her on the floor with her plates and bowls spread around her and she was dividing her food up onto them.


Of course, Mama was offered a bite of what she was cooking!


Our bulk order of toilet paper showed up on our porch. Meghan spent a long time working on opening the box for me. She's already showing a strong work-ethic and a desire to help. These are traits I plan to continue encouraging in her! 




I took this picture of Meghan at play - sometimes she happily plays with just a few toys. But, most of the time the playroom ends up looking something like this! This is why we limit how many toys are out and rotate her toys - I can't imagine cleaning up all of the toys she owns!


More pretending to cook and eat. Look at those beautiful big blue eyes!!! 


Meghan loves the video camera and always wants to have it when it's out. She usually doesn't want to "perform" for the camera either. However, on Tuesday she was willing to show off! Here she is showing off a few of her signs.....



When I play this video for her, she will sign along with herself on the video! She knows many more signs than this, but these were the ones that I thought to ask her.

She also showed off her animal sounds....so cute!! 


On Wednesday morning, this sweet girl and I left for Manhattan to meet her two newest cousins.


We fell in love with these sweet babies! Meghan loved touching their toes. She was generally very nervous about any other touching, but sure seemed to enjoy their toes!






She watched so carefully as Mimsie, Aunt Lauren, and Mama took care of the babies and she took care of her baby doll so well: 




Someone put her in Papa's office chair....she was pretty big stuff! 


Cute Girl 


We got an awesome picture of Grandma and Grandpa with their grand kiddos:

And some big smiles from Meghan: 


After coming back inside, she was very interested in Jase taking his bottle on the porch: 


Meghan had her first brownie while at Mimsie and Papa's house.....she thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Four bites of heaven....she's pretty sure that was what she had just tasted. 



--- Warning: What Follows is the Short Version of Our Miscarriage Story ---

We came home from Manhattan on Friday morning. Friday night, things turned very difficult for our family. Friday night I noticed some spotting while I was going to the bathroom. By Saturday morning it had intensified and I went to the ER. While there they did an ultrasound which revealed that the baby was measuring five days small and still did not have a heartbeat - which would be expected by seven weeks and one day. I was given a list of symptoms to come back if I experienced. By evening the bleeding had intensified and in the morning I felt as though I was having early labor contractions. We returned to the ER where an ultrasound confirmed that, earlier that morning, when I was fairly certain I had seen our baby pass from my body, we had in fact lost the baby and my body was completing the miscarriage process. Blood tests also revealed that I was no longer pregnant, but that my body was managing the miscarriage as well as can be hoped for. We returned home and are now waiting out the rest of the miscarriage process. We are heartbroken and so very sad. That little baby's life was short - but that baby was well loved the entire time. 

We end the week clinging to this verse from Isaiah 25: He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away all tears from all faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment