Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Our Week :: June 29 - July 5

Meghan helped me do some harvesting and weeding in the garden. Read the previous sentence as "Meghan tried to pull up all of the clover flowers in the yard near where I was working in the garden and then wanted to eat everything that I harvested.") 

When we got inside she ate several green beans and all of the cherry tomatoes I had just picked. She LOVES her fresh veggies. She also tried to eat the cucumber - the next day when I looked at it more closely, I notices little teeth marks that match a certain toddler who lives in this house :) 




Meghan absolutely loves books. She doesn't read board books very much anymore (there are a few exceptions: she loves her Dr. Seuss board books in the car, the board books Cole reads to her before bed, and the really big board books that she can crawl on and point to things in while looking at). She does, however, read multiple paper books in one sitting! I love the fact that this girl loves books and reading - she will look at multiple books saying words she knows in them, pointing out pictures to us or herself, and sometimes just babbling to herself with a cadence that sounds like an adult reading.


I finished the quilt that I started on mother's day. It's just a whole lot of bright colorful fabrics that I loved all mixed together in no particular order - we all like cuddling under it and Meghan insists that it's on the floor during the day for her to play on. I don't mind her love of it at all :)


I made some chocolate covered pretzels for Cole and I - we let Meghan try one and she became obsessed with them! While she wouldn't bite them (molars coming in and all), she would hold the piece in her mouth until saliva completely broke it down and then eat another piece.


She spent a little bit of time reading Daddy's "Wood and Steel" magazine - it's all about Taylor guitars, but she just loved looking at all of the pictures.


I got these large fabric blocks out for her. Eventually these will have cards put in them for her to practice all kinds of academic skills, but for now they are great for working on colors (she can say the color names and loves when you help her identify the correct ones!) and for stacking tall towers with!


Yup - the new quilt basically serves as a rug during the day - she brings the toys she wants to play with to the quilt throughout the day. It kind of reminds me of a year ago, when she would just play on a (much smaller) quilt in the family room all day. Except now she can move :)


The next night she decided to let Daddy read "Wood and Steel" and she read her book about going potty on the potty. So cute the two of them reading together!


I got her a "Water Wow" by Melissa and Doug several months ago on sale - we got it out for her this week and she loved it! It's like a reusable first paint with water. The water is in the pen - so no having to have enough skill to repeatedly dip a paint brush in a bowl of water. And, as the page dries the color disappears again so she can come back and do the same page all over. She enjoyed the activity (and giving sounds for all of the farm animals) immensely.


Cole build her a water table out of PVC and an old plastic storage tub we had. Since she didn't like getting in the pool we thought this would allow her to play in water (which she loves) while not completely "pool ready". She enjoyed splashing around with her cups, bowls, and spoons. She tried to drink the water out of several utensils, dumped water on herself proclaiming "oo!" every time she did, tried to catch the water running off of the sponge ball, and figured out how to make really big splashes with a spoon:





Later on the fourth of July, we got out the bubbles. She knew how to chase those guys down and had a blast running around after them!



Sweet contemplative little bit.


Potty training is coming up fast for this one! She has started staying dry for long periods of time and then soaking a diaper all at once during the day and is often telling me when she needs her diaper changed. Since she is so skinny, I was worried that the 2T underwear might not fit her and wanted to have some around when she is ready to start wearing them, so while I was at the store, I picked up a pair with the smallest weight range and waist circumference and they will fit her! She enjoyed stacking them up on her legs.

(Can I just say - I can't believe potty training is already even on my radar! I feel like just yesterday I was waiting for her to gain just a bit more weight to move into her cloth diapers! Eesh! She's growing so very very fast!)


On Sunday afternoon she played some more in her water table and then played in this sprinkler that she got with birthday money from her Great Grandma Stehr. She thought this was fun, too! This girl LOVES to play outside and in the water!!




And, of course, she needed to mow the cement!


No comments:

Post a Comment