Sunday, June 21, 2015

Our Week :: June 15-21

Meghan is proving to have a super girly streak - here she is in her tutu, boots, purse, and bracelets. It's so funny to watch her dressing up and wonder where she came from - I guess I enjoyed playing dress up as a kid, but I am so simple and un-fancy in my dress :) 


She has also been loving her big books a lot this week! Especially this one which has super busy pages for you to find things in - she doesn't necessarily look for things listed to look for, she just scours the page pointing out exciting things that she sees.


She was showing Daddy what she found....


..... and then decided she needed to take the book away :)


Missy started working on some molars this week and got a shot at her doctor's appointment....she was feeling pretty crummy the next day. But, she was all smiles despite her fever!! The only way we knew she didn't feel well was her fever, the fact that she wouldn't eat very much, and the fact that she took five hours of naps!



She's such a good Mama to her baby! She is way into giving her baby and dogs drinks.


When I find myself especially sad about the baby we lost, I remind myself to live in the now. I take some time to just take in everything about the baby we have. I remember that she was a miracle and we've not been promised that we can have another child. With my health problems there was a good chance we could never have a child at all and I never want to forget that she was and is such a miraculous & wonderful gift. If God doesn't have plans to give us another child she will still be a story of his amazing grace in our lives. So, when sadness threatens to overtake me, I study her, all her little features, and her person....this day I took about 200 pictures of her. Don't worry, I cut that number down for the blog :)

I love these sweet little curls....


And, I never want to forget these little toes, with chipped nail polish (she LOVES having her toenails painted), and covered with sand.


This girl is all sweetness and loves playing in her sandbox.


She started out sitting on the edge, but by the end she was completely inside the sandbox and had sand everywhere!


"eease!" (please - as in please take this away from me!) - she passed me every little rock she found in the sand.


She spent a very long time transferring sand to her bucket by hand.



Cole took her out in the evening to play with chalk while I mowed. He also took a ton of pictures of her!




Her thinking hard face:



"Monster Meghan" or so she appears from this angle.



Her completed picture:


This kid is just so adorable!!


This is her goofy, silly face:


Apparently she thought the cord was an un-crossable border and she wouldn't cross it unless Cole picked her up over it.


I love this picture.....Daddy and Baby spending quality time....my two loves just enjoying each other!


Meghan loves tortilla chips. She recognized the immediately when I put them in our cart at Costco and she requests them quite often. This night she made her way into the pantry, pulled the bag into the kitchen, removed the clip, and was starting to open the bag when we caught her....so she started signing please and asking for "mow" (more). Yes. These make her so happy!


And here's the cross stitch this week. Adding the border all the way around helped a lot to make it look like completion will be possible :) I'm finding that I'm really enjoying the cross-stitch process. Last time I did it, I was not such a fan - this time, I'm having a lot of fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment