Sunday, June 7, 2015

Our Week :: June 1-7

This week we pulled out the foam letter puzzles and spelled Meghan's name in the entryway. There are some perks to having a Mama who used to be a teacher :) She enjoyed crawling back and forth on the letters and having me tell her what they were.



She also enjoyed walking around with a lightbulb box that Daddy gave her to play with. Speaking of walking....she is now officially a walker! She can and does walk all over the house! Yay!


She loaded all of her farm animals into the bus and was upset with me when I wouldn't let her drive the bus into the garage. So, she took them all over the first floor dropping them off in various locations - I have no idea how she learned what buses do!



She is way into pegging games recently. This one has different shaped and sized pieces - when I gave her a piece she would try to put it on, if it didn't work I would ask her "where's the hole?", she would find the hole, place it in her palm and then put the piece on. It worked every time! By the third or fourth time we got this game out this week, she was completing that process independently!



She is starting to show herself to like glitz and glam! This morning, I went to her room to get her up and the first thing she asked me for was her "boots" - she wanted to wear her sparkly boots!



This week her two doggies got all sorts of love! They got to take their naps in the bed sometimes - and she added bracelets to the corners for them.


I got out my letter factory toy and the letters in her name for her to play with. We only used the letter "M" - she enjoyed hearing it sing the "M Song" and the ABC song.


I got this book to fill shipping on Amazon and she has LOVED reading it! I've read that sometimes cloth diapered babies potty train earlier than other kiddos and so I figure we can't start talking about it too soon.



This little miss broke her eighth tooth. Her favorite teether is pea pods straight from the garden. I gave her some to cook with in her kitchen and she just held it in her mouth.


On Friday, she brought me a pair of my socks that were on the floor saying "sock" and signing "help" - I put them on her and she started walking around saying "boots"! Apparently my socks make wonderful toddler boots.


The girl and I went to two garage sales on Friday and did very well. We are shopping ahead through size 5/6 (she currently wears 2T) to try to get the very best deals and favorite styles. The house we went to in the morning had tons of clothes made by the brands that fit our super-super skinny little miss well (she's only the 13th percentile in weight - perfectly healthy, but hard to put in pants!).  Here's what we got at the sale we went to in the morning:


I found two nice pairs of tennis shoes at the sale in the same size, so I showed them to her and let her pick which ones we bought. One pair was all white and the other was pink sparkly - she picked the pink sparkly immediately! She held onto them the rest of the time we were shopping!

Here she is looking through all of the clothes we found at the second sale we went to. She loved "swimming" in them :) Notice that she's wearing a purple tutu. There was a pair of jammies that came with a tutu. She saw it and HAD to have it! The jammies were super cute purple polka dotted, so I picked them up and she has been wearing the tutu everyday since. This girl is a girly girl, I tell you - and I don't know where she gets that from.


See....I told you, she loves the tutu! In this picture she's saying "oo-oo" (her version of uh-oh). She makes this super cute face while saying it ALL. THE. TIME. We kind of love it!!



And last, but not least, here is the progress on the cross-stitch this week. The moon is in an awkward stage with the middle completely missing - I plan to have that remedied by next week's picture :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment