Saturday, May 7, 2016

Baby Katie's Birth

We're totally in newborn fog over here! It's a happy place to be and we are loving life with this new little girl and her big sister....but I am far too foggy to be able to blog all of the pictures from our time in the hospital well. But, I wanted to be sure to share some of our sweet shots!

The short story goes ... On Tuesday May 3rd, I went to my doctor for a 40.5 week check up, something seemed off - my belly was wider than before and the signs indicating I was about to go into labor the week before had all undone themselves, so we were sent to the hospital for an ultrasound and a non-stress test. The tests all revealed Katie to be healthy and active - but very much transverse. It was decided that it was time to get Katie out and a c-section was scheduled for that afternoon.

Mimsie came and took Meghan and Mommy and Daddy got prepped for surgery. All went well and at 4:37 Katie Grace Hoosier was born weighing in at 7 lbs 12 ounces and 21 inches long.

On Friday May 6th, she and Mommy came home from the hospital! Here are pictures that were taken during her first few days:


















2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your sweet new girl! I hope you recover well and Meghan adjusts to life with a little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your sweet new girl! I hope you recover well and Meghan adjusts to life with a little one :)

    ReplyDelete