Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Baby Hoosier :: Week 38

This week, Baby is the size of a: pumpkin
Total weight gain/loss: 41 lbs - eek! My doctor says not to worry about it at all as my weight gain is all in my belly and I have some swelling where I am holding water due to the stress my body is under at this point in pregnancy. 
Sleep: What is sleep? I am currently living on sleep acquired in 1-2 hour stretches once or twice a night. I think that this is my body getting me ready for our sweet girl! 

Best moment this week: Blood pressure was a concern (it had gone up from my usual super low count) at the 36.5 week check up but not at the 37.5 - yay for no pre-eclampsia concerns! 
Movement: She wiggles a bit, but is very much out of room. I might think it's fun to drink a cold smoothie for breakfast, wait five minutes, and feel her freak out! 
Food cravings: apples, fruit smoothies, I'm not a huge fan of "heavy" foods right now.
Symptoms: I can breath quite well now that she has dropped fully into my pelvis and is out of my ribs. I have been doing a lot of house cleaning. I am desperately excited to meet this little person and often find myself feeling impatient for her to get here. I have been feeling more regular braxton hicks contractions - a few have even hurt.
Belly Button in or out: still out
Milestones: She continues to be gaining weight and length.

No comments:

Post a Comment